1) Pentland painting & decorating Ltd will expect to have clear and reasonable access to areas agreed for decoration so that the works may be carried out in a particular and economical manner. All valuable and breakable items of furniture etc should be removed from the room/s agreed for decoration.
2) Payment shall become due on within seven days of completion of the agreed works by either bank transfer or cash unless a time-frame for payment has been previously discussed & agreed by both parties. Where the period for completion of the work exceeds 1 month, arrangements for interim or stage payments will be agreed before the commencement of the works to cover time, expenses & materials.
3) Where works are carried out, the extent of preparation is to be agreed before by both parties before the commencement of the works and if not discussed & agreed shall be at the discretion of the Company.
4) For all new work carried out by other trades before we commence decorating , (Joinery, plastering, coving, drywall, sockets) we would like to inspect the surfaces before we start work to ensure there is not any additional work incurred outwith our original agreement. This can be due to other trades leaving poorly finished surfaces. The cost in rectifying any sub-standard work left by other trades, ie, timber/metal/plastic/plaster would need to be discussed and agreed before the commencement of the works cold take place.
5) The date agreed for completion and the price stated in the estimate/quote are subject to alteration in the event of delays occurring through additions or variations to the works described in the estimate or any causes beyond the Company’s control including delays by other contractors or sub-contractors in completing their works on site.